The WP All Import and ACF Import plugin allows you to import data for any advanced custom field (ACF) added to your post type or custom post type.
This documentation covers the procedureImport advanced custom fieldsusewp import all🇧🇷 For a wider lookto import Advanced Custom Fields, Check:Import advanced custom fields
The ACF plugin extends basic WordPress functionality to allow for more complex fields, different layouts and configurations. By using our integration with this plugin, you can avoid adding this data manually and just import everything.
Importing advanced custom fields with WP All Import and the ACF Import plugin is as easy as importing regular custom fields.
That's how it works:
- Create your field group and add all your fields via the ACF plugin.
- Make sure WP All Import and our ACF plugin are active.
- Go toImport All › New Importand start a new import of the post type where you added advanced custom fields.
- In step 3 you will see theAdvanced Custom Fields pluginSection to import the previously added fields:
Read below for step-by-step instructions on how to import advanced custom fields using the ACF Import plugin and WP All Import Pro.
Step 1 – Create a New Custom Fields Advanced Import
navigate toImport All › New Importand provide a valid import file. Then select the post type that has advanced custom fields attached to it from the drop-down list.
In this example, we are importing ACF fields topublications.
clickContinue with step 2to go to the next step.
Keep in mind that your advanced custom fields and field groups must be created and defined in advance for posts in the ACF plugin.
If you are not sure how to create the arrays, readHow to create ACF arrayson themadvanced topicssection below.
Step 2: Check the import data
now heCheck the import fileinterface appears. Here you can check and confirm that the import data is correct:
Import recognized 100 records to import. To ensure the data is correct, you can review each record using the gray arrows at the top.
In this step you canAdd filter optionswhen they are needed.
This example uses a CSV spreadsheet. If you are importing an XML or Excel file, you can decide which parent node to import.
After confirming that the data looks good, clickContinue with step 3.
Step 3 - Map input data elements to their correct advanced custom field
To bepull and releaseThe interface appears here. It lets you map data elements to their respective target fields.
To map the data, locate the desired import element in the right pane and drag that element into the appropriate box on the left.
To beAdvanced Custom Fields pluginThe ACF fields to be imported are defined in the section.
Locate this section by scrolling down and check the group of fields to import:
You can map each individual advanced custom field as needed:
Once all relevant data elements are mapped to their target fields, clickContinue with step 4down to go to the next step.
Before continuing, make sure you map all other fields related to the post type or custom post type you are importing.
Step 4 – Configure the remaining settings and run the import
To beImport SettingsIn the UI, configure the remaining import settings and other options:
In particular, you must define a unique identifier for the import. WP All Import uses the unique identifier to keep track of imported records. To create it, just click onautomatic recognition.
You can also define this unique identifier by manually dragging and dropping the fields on the right.
Here you can change the behavior of the import when it is run again (to update, delete or create new records that are in the import file). you can configureprogramming optionsyConfigure advanced settings🇧🇷 Most imports do not require changing this setting.
click not blueContinuebutton at the end to go to the next step.
Step 5 – Verify the imported data and advanced custom fields were created correctly
Next you will see theCommit and executeInterface. noimport summarysection, you can check the import, import file and other import settings.
Click no greenConfirm and run the importButton to run and run this import.
When finished, you will see thefull importBodies:
That is! The import successfully processed the posts and ACF fields in this example.
You can verify the imported fields by reviewing one of the imported posts.Posts › All Posts.
Import advanced topics from advanced custom fields
How to create ACF arrays
Each advanced custom field present on your site is part of a field group. A field group is the method used by the ACF plugin to attach fields to post types or custom post types. Each group of fields has a title, fields, placement rules and visual settings.
This is what you need to do to add field groups:
- Go toCustom Fields › Field Groups.
- click inadd newAbove.
- Enter a title for the array
- Add any advanced custom fields you want using the+ add fieldKnopf.
- Define where these fields appear by specifying alocation.
- clickPostto create the new array.
Import into advanced custom repeater fields
The ACF import plugin offers three different ways to import ACF repeater data:
- Fixed Repeater Mode – Used when each piece of repeated data is stored in separate columns or elements.
- Variable Repeater Mode (XML): Used when each repeated data is stored in XML format as a sibling.
- Variable Repeater Mode (CSV): Used when each data item is stored in different columns, but with multiple data entries, also separated by a character.
The way used to import the ACF repeater data depends on the format provided by the import file.
The ACF Import Plugin was developed keeping in mind that every dataset is different. This gives you full control over your ACF import and allows for compatibility with multiple file formats.
To learn more about the different modes available, you can read our in-depth guide on importing.Repeater-Felder.
How to import advanced custom fields yourself
Unfortunately this is not possible as the actual advanced custom fields are attached to a post type or custom post type on your site.
This means that, as explained in this guide, you need to import data for the specific post type or custom post type that the fields are attached to.
WP All Import and ACF Import Add-On can import data in fields, but cannot import the actual fields (in other words, you cannot create the fields during import).
To import (or export) the ACF matrices, use the options inCustom Fields › Tools.
How do I schedule an advanced import of custom fields?
You can schedule your ACF imports with cron jobs on your server or with our automatic scheduling service. The advantage of using our service is that you can schedule your imports directly from our plugin interface.
For more information, seemanual planningyautomatic programming service.
How to export advanced custom fields?
- navigate toExport All › New Exportand select the post type with advanced custom fields attached.
- Use our drag and drop tool to select the ACF fields you want to export.
- Generate and download the export file.
- Check the contents of the export file.
For more information, seeExporting Advanced Custom Fields (ACF).
How do I bulk edit advanced custom fields?
- Export the ACF fields you want to edit.
- Use a spreadsheet application to change the contents of the export file. This allows you to use editing features like copy and paste, find and replace, etc.
- When you're done with your edits, use ours.Import as WP All ImportOption to re-import the file into WordPress.
- After the import is complete, verify that the changes were applied correctly.
How to add a custom field in ACF?
- Locate the field group where you want to add the custom fieldCustom Fields › Field Groups.
- click into edit.
- click in+ add fieldand configure the new field.
- When finished, clickTo updateto save the changes.
How do I add advanced custom fields programmatically in WordPress?
While you can use the ACF features to programmatically import advanced custom fields, we recommend using WP All Import and the ACF Import plugin as detailed in this tutorial. This also allows you to change the values of the ACF fields during the import.
Where are advanced custom fields stored?
ACF stores the data for custom post fields in the post_meta table. Stores data for all other custom fields in the options table. The best way to access ACF data is to use an ACF function like get_field(), which correctly formats the return value based on the field type.
What happens when ACF adds a field?
We monitor all new courses that come to the ACF, keeping in touch with the ACF team. This means that our plugins must recognize all new fields right after they are published. If you come across an ACF field that we don't integrate, just contact our support and we'll take care of it.
What format should I use for ACF date fields?
You can import dates in any format supported by PHP's strtotime function (see documentation🇧🇷 Or you can convert your date to a simpler format, for example. B.J-M-T.
Learn more about exporting advanced custom fields with WP All Export.
Learn how to import correctly into ACF repeater fields.
Run PHP or custom code to modify the ACF data during import.
How do I get advanced custom field value in WordPress? ›
To retrieve a field value as a variable, use the get_field() function. This is the most versatile function which will always return a value for any type of field. To display a field, use the the_field() in a similar fashion.How do you add advanced custom fields ACF to frontend form? ›
- Make sure both Advanced Custom Fields is installed and activated.
- Upload the plugin files to the /wp-content/plugins/acf-frontend-form-elements directory, or install the plugin through the WordPress plugins screen directly.
- Activate the plugin through the 'Plugins' screen in WordPress.
Link to heading#One click update
The Advanced Custom fields plugin can be updated via the 'Plugins' page found in your WordPress website admin area. Updates will appear when available and can be applied by simply clicking on the 'update now' button.
On this page
- The structure of delimited text files.
- Locate and select the delimited text file.
- Specify the delimited file properties.
- Save the ACL data file.
- Edit the ACL field properties.
- Finalize the import.
- Open the single. php file or page. ...
- Find the_content function so you can list your custom field data after the actual content of the post or page.
- Use the get_post_meta function to fetch custom field values using their meta key then list them using PHP echo.
Adding a Custom Meta Data
To display it, click the Screen Options and tick the Custom Fields option. The Custom Field box should now appear at the bottom of the post content editor. Now, we can add our custom meta-data. A single meta-data is handled with key name/value pairs.
The ACF fields and groups are stored in the default wp-posts table with the post type acf-field-group for groups and acf-field for the fields.How do I display ACF custom fields in frontend WordPress? ›
- Create a New Field Group. Once you've installed and activated the free version of Advanced Custom Fields from WordPress.org, go to Custom Fields > Add New to create your first Field Group. ...
- Add Custom Fields. ...
- Configure Settings and Publish.
Advanced Custom Fields is a WordPress plugin which allows you to add extra content fields to your WordPress edit screens. These extra content fields are more commonly referred to as Custom Fields and can allow you to build websites faster and educate your clients quicker.How do I add a custom field in Aha? ›
Add a custom field
Click on the tab where you want to add the field, and then click Add custom field. Select the type of field you want to add, and then click Next. If you are an Enterprise + customer, this list will include custom worksheet fields. Note: Aha!
How do I mass update a custom field in Salesforce? ›
Tick the checkboxes on the left-hand side to tell Salesforce which records you want to mass-edit, then double click the field you want to mass edit. The mass edit dialogue will open. Select “All selected records”, enter the new value for the field and select save.Who created advanced custom fields? ›
Delicious Brains, the company behind WP Migrate DB Pro and SpinupWP, has acquired the Advanced Custom Fields (ACF) plugin from its creator, Elliot Condon. After 10 years, the plugin has more than 1 million active installs and a thriving business based on the Pro version.What is the difference between ACF and ACF Pro? ›
We have answers. What exactly is ACF PRO? ACF PRO is the premium version of our free WordPress plugin. It is a stand alone plugin, meaning that it does not require the free version to be installed, and includes the additional features mentioned on this page.How do you import all exports of a file as an object? ›
Navigate to the folder that contains the file you want to import, and then select the file in the file list. Choose Open. Follow the instructions in the Import Wizard to import the data that you want into the proper Project fields.How do I import a config file? ›
- Open the Visual Studio Installer.
- On the product card, choose the More button, and then select Import configuration.
- Locate the . vsconfig file that you want to import, and then choose Review details.
- Make sure you've got the workloads and components that you want, and then choose Close.
Click My Dashboards > Network Configuration > Config Summary. In the NCM Node List widget, click a node name to open the Node Details page. In the menu on the left, click the Configs icon . In the Config List widget, click Import Config.What is the ACL of a file? ›
An ACL is a list of permissions that are associated with a directory or file. It defines which users are allowed to access a particular directory or file. An access control entry in the ACL defines the permissions for a user or a group of users. An ACL usually consists of multiple entries.How do I get a list of fields of an object? ›
The list of all declared fields can be obtained using the java. lang. Class. getDeclaredFields() method as it returns an array of field objects.How do I add a custom field in WordPress programmatically? ›
Custom field data can be added to a post in the “Custom Fields” section of the Post Editor, or programmatically using update_post_meta() . update_post_meta() is also the function to change a custom field's value for a specific post. Once stored, custom field data can be accessed using get_post_meta() .
How many custom fields can I created in an object? ›
For the Enterprise Edition, you can create 500 custom fields on an object plus install 400 fields from a managed package and 100 of those fields are limited to specific objects.How to display custom field value in WordPress without plugin? ›
Step 1: Go to add a new post or edit a post, then click on Screen Options. Step 2: Check the box "Custom Fields" if it has been ticked or not. If not, tick it.What can you do with advanced custom fields? ›
Advanced Custom Fields is a WordPress plugin which allows you to add extra content fields to your WordPress edit screens. These extra content fields are more commonly referred to as Custom Fields and can allow you to build website's faster and educate your client's quicker.Why custom fields are not showing WordPress? ›
At the top of the screen, click on the Screen Options option. This will expand and allow you to change some Boxes, Layout, and Additional settings on your post and page content. Under the Boxes section, you will see Custom Fields. Make sure that the checkbox is checked to enable them.How do I access custom fields? ›
Go to the custom fields meta box and select your custom field from the drop-down menu and enter its value. Click on the 'Add Custom Field' button to save your changes and then publish or update your post.How do I show custom fields in product page? ›
Go to the product where you'd like to add a custom field. In the Product Data section, click the Product Add-Ons. Click 'Add Group' then click 'Add Field' Choose the type of field you'd like to add from the 'Field Type' option.How do I display custom menu in WordPress? ›
- Go to Dashboard > Appearance.
- Click “Menus”
- Name Your Menu.
- Click “Create Menu”
You can add custom fields manually via the Gutenberg editor. Once you enable custom fields in your preferences, you can simply add key/value pairs, in which the key is the name of the metadata element and the value is the information that will appear in the metadata list on the post.How do I add custom fields to ultimate member? ›
- Go to wp-admin > Ultimate Member > Forms.
- Edit the registration or profile form.
- On the form builder click on the '+' icon to open up a new field modal.
- Either select a pre-defined field or click on one of the field types to create a new custom field.
Upload your CSV file
Roadmaps fields to your fields. After you confirm the right column headings, click the Import button. The import will happen automatically; when it is complete, you will see a confirmation message with a link to the location of your newly created Aha! Roadmaps data.
How do I add a custom field to a user? ›
- In Admin Center, click People in the sidebar, then select Configuration > User fields.
- Click Add field.
- Select a field type, then enter a Display name.
- Verify that the field key is the value you want it to be. ...
- (Optional) Add a Description for the custom field.
- Open the All processes page, and choose the … context menu for the process you want to use, and then select New team project.
- The Create new project page opens. Fill out the form.
- Open Work Items. ...
- Select the WIT you customized. ...
- Verify that the field you added appears on the form.
- Create a CSV file with all the values you want to add. ...
- In JIRA, navigate to the External System Import page and select CSV.
- Select the CSV file you just created and click Next.
- Select the project you want to import this issue to. ...
- Map the 3 fields accordingly and check the boxes at the end of all 3 fields.
- Step 1: Install the Advanced Custom Fields (ACF) plugin. Firstly, download and activate the free version of the Advanced Custom Fields plugin. ...
- Step 2: Add a custom field group. ...
- Create a custom field. ...
- Edit a product. ...
- Display our custom field on the product page.
Advanced Custom Fields is a WordPress plugin which allows you to add extra content fields to your WordPress edit screens. These extra content fields are more commonly referred to as Custom Fields and can allow you to build websites faster and educate your clients quicker.How do I import a custom field in WordPress? ›
Step 1: Download the free plugin from WordPress or else buy the ACF Pro plugin. Step 2: Create new custom fields in ACF on your needs. Step 3: Click on publish to add respective fields in post/page. Prepare the CSV file which contains all the details of the ACF fields.How do I bulk import issues into Jira? ›
- Login as a Jira Administrator user.
- Select the required Jira project.
- Create a temporary issue which you would use for the import. ...
- Create a CSV file with multiple lines using the same Issue Key, same Issue Summary and different Component Names on different lines.
- Click the Elements tab.
- Click a field and drag it onto an object on the canvas.
- Enter a Field Label . ...
- Enter a Description of the custom field.
- Enter Help Text to detail the purpose and function of a custom field.
Go to the product where you'd like to add a custom field. In the Product Data section, click the Product Add-Ons. Click 'Add Group' then click 'Add Field' Choose the type of field you'd like to add from the 'Field Type' option.